Get cheap van insurance quotes in minutes from some the top UK insurers. In the UK, it is against the law to drive a van without the bare minimum of insurance cover, known as third party insurance. Failure to have the right insurance could result in your van being seized and you facing a large fine plus points on your licence which will increase your next van insurance premium. In the UK, it is the person that is insured to drive the van not the van itself.
Of course, “third party” cover is the bare minimum and it’s likely you’ll want to extend this to include “fire and theft” cover or even “fully comprehensive”. In fact, fully comprehensive can often be cheaper!
Prices for van insurance vary greatly so it pays to shop around. The quickest way to obtain a large number of competitive quotes is to visit a comparison website. Just enter your details once and you’ll be presented with a variety of quotes based on those details.
How to compare your van insurance quotes?
Once you’ve added all your details you’ll be given a range of quotes, here’s what to look out for and how to choose which is the right van insurance for you and your business
- Price: Compare the cost of insurance from different companies. Look for a policy that fits your budget.
- Coverage: Check what the policy covers. Make sure it includes what you need, like damage to your van or theft.
- Excess: Understand how much you have to pay if you make a claim. Lower excess is better for your wallet.
- No Claims Discount: Find out if the policy rewards you for not making claims. It can lower your future premiums.
- Usage: Check if the policy matches how you use your van. Different policies suit different needs, like business or personal use.
- Add-Ons: See if you can add extra coverage, like breakdown assistance or legal protection, to your policy.
- Mileage: Know how many miles you plan to drive. Some policies have mileage limits that can affect your cost.
- Named Drivers: If others will drive your van, make sure they’re covered. You may need to add them to the policy at a later date.
- Renewal Terms: Understand what happens when your policy renews. Sometimes prices can increase.
- Reviews: Read reviews from other customers to see if they’re happy with the insurance company’s service.
Remember, it’s essential to read the policy documents carefully and ask questions if you’re unsure about anything before making a decision.