European Breakdown Cover

Taking your car abroad and driving in Europe can be a lot of fun but, if you breakdown, your trip can suddenly turn into a nightmare. Without breakdown cover that covers you in Europe, it can be a costly and rather complicated nightmare too!

By taking out an affordable comprehensive policy before you leave, you can be reassured that if the worst did happen, you’ll have the support to get you, your family and your car back to the UK without it costing you a fortune too.

Policies can be bought either for a single trip or as annual cover if you plan to take a number trips over to Europe during the year.

  • AA Logo
    AA European Breakdown
  • Single Trip from £7
  • Annual Cover from £83
  • 40,000 trusted garages in 44 countries
  • 24/7 English Speaking Call Centre
  • Up to 8 people, including the driver
  • RAC Logo
    RAC European Breakdown
  • Single Trip from £9
  • Annual Cover Available
  • Defaqto 5* Rated European Breakdown Cover
  • 24/7 English Speaking Helpline
  • Up to 9 people, including the driver
  • Logo
  • Single Trip from £35
  • Annual Cover from £74.99
  • No callout charges
  • 24 hour UK based contact centre
  • Up to 8 people, including the driver
  • QDOS Logo
  • Single Trip from £12.65
  • Annual Cover Available
  • No excess or callout charges
  • Multilingual claims handlers
  • Up to 8 people, including the driver
European Car Safety Kit

European Car Safety Kit – Buy now from Amazon from just £20

Driving in Europe – What to take

Unlike the UK, it’s a legal requirement in many European countries to carry a number of items of safety equipment in your car with you. There can be very hefty (sometimes on the spot) fines if you’re stopped by the Police abroad and you don’t have these items in your car.

It’s advisable to have the following in or on your car whenever you’re driving in Europe:

  • Headlamp converters/deflectors – fitted to your headlights as soon as you start driving on the right
  • GB plates or number plate country identifier
  • Spare bulb kit
  • Red warning triangle
  • High visibility jackets for the driver and all passengers
  • Personal breathalyser
  • First aid kit

A complete kit can be easily purchased from Amazon for around just £20.

Features of European breakdown cover

  • English speaking multilingual call handlers
  • Annual policies available
  • European single trip cover with options for either a 1 claim limit or unlimited call outs
  • Some policies can even cover you if your car breaks down 7 days before you travel

Cover can include

  • The Vehicle
  • The Driver and
  • Up to 7 passengers
  • Cover for motorhomes to motorbikes as well as classic cars

Am I eligible for European Breakdown cover ?

Any Vehicle

For any age vehicle including: motor-homes, minibuses, motorbikes and classic cars

Cars up to 9 years old